What personal data do we collect?
- We may request you to provide information in several areas of our websites and other channels including but not limited to:
- Your personal information such as your name, age, country and city of residence;
- Your contact information such as your email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Your business information such as company names, job titles and associated contact information.
What do we use the personal data for?
- We may use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes.
- To process your registration in our events;
- To respond to, handle and process any enquiries submitted by you;
- To process your subscription of our e-news or updates;
- For communication purposes, such as sending you updates on the latest HKUST and HKUST Business School news, inviting you to our events, and conducting marketing research;
- To fulfill the above purposes, you may be contacted via email, telephone marketing, SMS or other means that are allowed by local authorities.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website and database, or conducting our business as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe doing so is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety. Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for designing communication campaigns.
How to assess and correct your personal data?
You may request to correct your personal data held by us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice on direct marketing
Occasionally, we may use your personal data, including your name, contact details and all other information collected during or subsequent to initial registration, to send you communications such as email, telephone and SMS containing information on HKUST and HKUST Business School. Categories of the information include:
- HKUST or HKUST Business School or our program events;
- HKUST or HKUST Business School updates;
- Our feature stories, newsletter and latest news.
You may indicate your consent to the above by the following ways:
- When providing us with your personal data through our website or a form, ticking the box(es) indicating your consent; or
- When providing us with your personal data through the telephone or email, telling our staff that you consent.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by writing to us at email@example.com
Retention of Data
All personal data that has been collected from you will only be stored for the duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as required by applicable law.
(Last updated on: 4 January, 2016)